Cal Herrmann, ScD - at work and at
Past works -
- News: I have received US Patent numbers 6113940 and
6328992, with Lawrence Brooke,
for a medical device, a "patch" for application of cannabinoid
medications. This is similar to the common nicotine patches (used for
addiction treatment), but for controlled delivery of marijuana-derived
prescription pain and nausea treatments.
Current works -
- Part-time volunteer radio and recording engineering,
at KRCB, public radio in Rohnert Park, CA, serving
western Sonoma County; and Santa Rosa community cable TV, team member for folk music progams.
- recording and CD production, for the (Berkeley) Starry Plough Irish music sessions, and others;
- Water-based agricultural
chemistry: research and development on hydroponic
fertilizers, At: General
Hydroponics (Sebastopol, CA, a small business), and for General Hydroponics Europe, located
Education: ScD in electrochemistry, University of Paris VI (France),
MS in organic chemistry, University of Chicago, and
BA, University of Chicago.
Technical publications .
Links of interest to me!
- Electrodialysis : research and development, to separate
chemical process acid for recycle. At: the University of California.
- Water purification and desalination (reverse osmosis, electrodialysis, ion exchange): at
NASA and at the University of California.
- Electrochemistry : at Synthatron (electrochemical arsine synthesis, for GaAs semiconductor devices);
- at ESB (heart-pacemaker development, pacemaker-monitor patents);
- USAECOM (Ft. Monmouth, NJ) (lithium and magnesium battery development), and
- American University (Washington DC) (fuel-cell developments, sulfur removal for fuel reforming).
- Previous R&D on membranes at Melpar, Inc.;
- inorganic syntheses at
Chromizing Corporation (intermetallics for rocket engines, hardness;
- gas chromatography and lipid studies at the
University of Chicago, etc...
I like my house in the trees!